Friday, March 18, 2016

Stefanie Bennett- Two Poems


Stefanie Bennett has published several books of poetry, a novel, & a libretto.
Her poems have appeared in Carcinogenic Poetry, VerseWrights, The Provo
Canyon Review, Shot Glass Journal, Plum Tree Tavern, High Coupe & others.
Of mixed ancestry [Italian/Irish/Paugussett-Shawnee] she was born in Qld.,
Australia. Stefanie’s latest poetry title ‘The Vanishing’ was published by
Walleah Press & is available from Walleah, Amazon & most bookshops.
 
 
 
I HEARD A WOMAN WEEPING      
 
I heard a woman weeping down
At the market place.
                                With emphasis:
 
I followed. I saw the woman weeping
Among the cabbages and spring-beans.
How relevant she is to history
 
I don’t know. She wore black [that much
I’ll record]: what’s more, when I left
They – the shoppers and stewards
 
Were stoning her with their eyes
At 8.42 a.m.  Easter Saturday with
An odd God and his mannerisms
                                    On their side...
 
 
 
TRICKSTER        
 
I would like to remind
My dissenters
That often
The wrong key
In a worn
Lock
Will bring
The house
 
... Down.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment