Sunday, September 27, 2015

Volodymyr Bilyk- A Poem



"Interdimensional travellers mission statement"

1. I will record the hum in my ears during the transition.
 
2. I will write down the description of a taste i had in my mouth at the moment of arrival.
 
3. I will stand still and  perpetuate the change of temperature of my body during the first moments on a new place.
 
4. I will document the duration of my first breath in a new place.

5. I will recount the set of movements i've performed after.

6. I will leave an insignificant mark on a place of arrival.
 
7. I will describe precisely the sound of my first step.

8. I will memorize the feel of wind on my face and the movement of hair on my head . 

9. I will trace the first smell i've heard.

10. I will check the colour scheme of the sky by my Pantone cards.

11. I will put the portion of the air in a bubble.

12. I will spend some time in a desolate place and will think about nothing for a while.

13. I will spit on a ground a lot in a various ways in order to make a cloud and will record the results and recount my impressions. 

14. The last things i will do will be: rolling eyes, clapping hands, plopping lips, knitting brows, wrinkling forehead and inflating cheeks.

15. I will eliminate all sources of light in a place of my departure.

16. The feelings right before my displacement will be striking enough to change my appearence.

17. I will take a deep breath and will keep it until my next destination. There i will exhale.


 
Bio:
Volodymyr Bilyk is a writer, translator from Ukraine. 

His works include: visual poems in the series This is Visual Poetry (2013), CIMESA (2013), Casio's Pay-Off Peyote (2013), SCOBES (2013), THINGS (2014), Laugh Poems (2014), Vispo Ay Ai Ay (2014), "To When Tea Ties Hence to Wank It Too" / "Eminent Means of Basil Dado Hem-Welt" in The Chapbook 5(2015) and screenplay for the film "Waking" (2015).

His works were exhibited on Bright Stupid Confetti Asemic Show, Yoko Ono Fan Club, Venti Leggeri in Bologna, The Spiral Asemic Show in Malta; EL MARTELL SENSE MESTRE in Barcelona, The Future is Here Again: VISUAL LANGUAGE in New York, 1st International Literary Fair of Mato Grosso (2015), World Association of Visual and Experimental Artists in Valjevo.

He is contributing editor of Utsanga.it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment